Our goal is for WASTE ENERGY to help fund the NDIS!
Challenged with growing funging pressures, State, Territory AND local governments are primed to help with the running/funding of the NDIS - indirectly.
All levels of government have signed up to a series of imminent dates to eliminate and reduce human derived waste going into landfill (and our oceans, etc.).
Hundreds of millions of dollars have been budgetted for this mighty task and the path to success seeks clarity. At the same time NDIS participants are looking for supported employment opportunities.
Currently, our industrial scale waste management space is occupied by big business and big machines moving, compacting and covering our combined waste.
Separating and repurposing our waste - to provide benefits - is an opportunity for small scale meaningful employment.
ALL of our waste streams are embodied energy
Waste Energy Benefits Us (WeBU) is an innovator and facilitator of practical products and processes to help drive the circular economy through individual, community and stakeholder participation.
Our initiatives are in active discussion with key stakeholders including the City of Darwin and disability support organisations.
We're playing a long game
It takes time to find answers, solutions, bring people along and help embed new waste handling habits.
Blended Value: Good for you, the community and environment.
By participating in a microbe-led-recovery, we use the embodied energy of our waste to help create benefits.
- Develop, apply and champion innovations and actions to help change waste habits.
- Think globally, act locally! Use kitchen caddies and stillage cage composters to help engage householders to take rubbish trucks off roads and out of circulation.
- Act locally in our global community to help create meaningful jobs, repurpose waste, close loops, sequest carbon at source and share the benefits of the embodied energy realised. Improve outcomes!
- To demonstrate living with Blended Value: Good for you, the community and environment.
- We retail products to help make it easy; kitchen caddies, bokashi buckets, biochar, home composters and large scale, community, school or business operated stillage cage composters.
- Activately collaborate and empower householders: With the benefits of no-dig-gardening; fresh fruit and vegetable production, enhanced food security, greater confidence, knowledge, satisfaction, connection, mental health and wellbeing. Wow!
- Last but not least, we are support workers and carers engaged in meaningful employment and community engagement. From this, magic happens!